Sunday, June 21, 2015

Larry's Self-Publishing Blog

My first entry.

This is for people who want to follow a saga in self-publishing.  I have already self-published several books, including titles BEFORE the internet era.  That's when you had to take delivery of 1000 books!  And try to sell them without any of the tools we have today.

I have self-published with:  1) Basic book printers (1990s); Author House; Create Space;   Smashwords; Kindle.  And I am always investigating other companies including (recently), 52Books and Archway.  You'll hear more about these later.

So the other night a friend asked, "How do you self-publish?"  And I thought, well there's a lot of writers out there, so I'll keep a blog on my self-publishing activities, and perhaps help other writers who self-publish or plan to.

I am a retired physician and over the years have written some 16 books and plays.  The only 'best seller' has been a medical text book.  All books and plays are listed at

www.lakesidepress.com/books.html

Right now I have 5 self-published books either in print and/or e-book format, or about to go into one of these formats.

The blog will cover my path to writing, editing, publishing and marketing these books. 

Larry Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment